The Craft Project

Painting a Wedding Dress

Doing-Up-Dress

Earlier this summer the beautiful (and very trusting) Amber Harder laid quite the challenge at my feet – paint her wedding dress.  She didn’t want to look like every other bride, and she wanted her dress to really represent her.  So after some conversations and some brainstorming we decided that I would turn her dress into a field of fireweed (her favourite flower – she even has fireweed tattoos, and a symbol of the Yukon).  I have to admit it was with some serious trepidation that I made the first brush stroke, but once that was done the design flowed.  In the end I created vines of fireweed up the dress’ train, up two panels in the front, along the neckline, and along the bottom hem.  She loved it, she looked stunning, and I’m excited to share some glimpses of it with you here.  Thank you to Manu Keggenhoff for taking such stunning photos.

2 comments

  1. Pingback: Looking Back to 2013 | The Craft Project

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: